2021 Lawyers in Real Estate Awards
New York & Tri-State
Jeffrey M. Schwartz
A founding partner and the managing partner
Has practiced real estate law since1986
Guest lecturer at New York University School of Real Estate
Jeffrey M. Schwartz is a founding partner and the managing partner of Schwartz Sladkus Reich Greenberg Atlas LLP. Having practiced since 1986 in the real estate area, Schwartz has extensive experience in transactional work. His real estate practice includes the leasing, financing, acquisition and sale of commercial property, as well as the operation, development, conversion and sale of residential properties. He is also counsel to a significant number of cooperative and condominium buildings throughout the metropolitan area.
Schwartz regularly represents sellers and purchasers of commercial properties in the New York metropolitan area and developers in the conversion of occupied, rehabilitated and ground up development sites to condominium ownership. Some of the representative transactions on which he has worked include:
• representation of sellers of industrial sites in the Bronx and Long Island City
• representation of landlords and tenants in leasing transactions in numerous New York City office buildings
• representation of a major advertising agency in the leasing and acquisition of over 100,000 square feet at Columbus Circle
• representation of purchaser of the residential portion (30 floors) of the Woolworth Building
• representation of owners in the conversion of AIR buildings in Soho to condominium ownership
• representation of various New York City Cooperative Corporations in connection with the sale of their retail space, acquisition of fee interests following ground lease expirations, conversions to condominium form of ownership and the sale of shares allocated to areas within the building
• representation of developers in connection with the purchase of transferable development rights (TDR’s)
• representation of major retailer in connection with 100,000-plus square-foot lease on Fifth Avenue
• representation of sellers and purchasers of office buildings and multifamily dwellings throughout the United States.
Schwartz has chaired the New York County Lawyer’s Association’s symposium on Commercial Leasing and presents annually on Purchase and Sale of Real Estate in New York. He is a member of the Tulane Law School Intersession Faculty, where he teaches annually, and is also a guest lecturer at the New York University School of Real Estate. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Committee on Cooperatives and Condominiums. Schwartz is also a current member of the board of directors for The Catalog for Giving of New York City.
These are some of the reasons that we named Schwartz to our New York & Tri-State grouping of Lawyers in Real Estate. These are real estate attorneys who have distinguished themselves in both their practice and the larger community.