2021 Lawyers in Real Estate Awards
Boston & New England
Zev D. Gewurz
Co-chair of Goulston & Storrs Real Estate Group
Represented a privately owned real estate investment firm in connection with the Cambridge Crossing Project
Zev Gewurz represents institutional and private equity lenders, foreign and US-based investors, and owners and real estate developers across the U.S. and abroad. He advises clients on portfolio acquisitions and dispositions, joint venture structuring, complex financings, mezzanine and participating debt transactions and distressed debt workouts and sales.
Gewurz has an outstanding reputation for excellent work and deep experience in handling sophisticated matters. He is known for his skill at creating teams where everyone’s talents can be utilized to achieve the best results for the client, and currently serves as co-chair of the firm’s real estate group and international investors group.
Representative transactions include the following:
- Representation of a privately owned real estate investment firm in connection with all aspects of the Cambridge Crossing Project, a 42-acre master-planned development project in Boston Cambridge and Somerville, MA.
- Representation of a Canadian private equity real estate fund and public company in connection with securitizations and financing as well as joint venture equity investments and loans to acquire and develop properties.
- Representation of Canadian public company in acquisition and multiple financings of single-family rental platform across the US.
- Representation of Israeli public company and private equity funds on acquisitions and dispositions of office and multifamily property and related joint venture and financing structure.
- Representation of a shopping center owner in connection with a forbearance agreement, a settlement agreement and a deed-in-lieu agreement with respect to a $52 million securitized mortgage encumbering the property.
- Representation of US opportunity fund in joint venture with Israeli private equity fund to acquire and restructure multifamily portfolio out of bankruptcy.
- Representation of leading New England real estate developer in the development and financing of a 1-million-square-foot mixed-use urban project including apartments, ground floor retail space and lower level parking.
These are some of the reasons that we named Gewurz to our Boston & New England grouping of Lawyers in Real Estate. These are real estate attorneys who have distinguished themselves in both their practice and the larger community.