The numbers are in, and the bank account scoreboards are lit up for the world’s top earning athletes. In the past 12 months, the top 100 athletes on the list have raked in a combined $3.11 billion.
These athletes have a lot to be thankful for, and they’ve earned it! From the local and national television contracts to the endorsements, here’s a breakdown of earnings from June 1, 2016 through June 1, 2017.
These figures include payment from salaries, bonuses, prizes, licensing, appearance fees and endorsements.
1. Cristiano Ronaldo, $93 million (Soccer, Portugal)
2. LeBron James, $86.2 million (Basketball, U.S.)
3. Lionel Messi, $80 million (Soccer, Argentina)
4. Roger Federer, $64 million (Tennis, Switzerland)
5. Kevin Durant, $60.6 million (Basketball, U.S.)
6. Andrew Luck, $50 million (Football, U.S.)
6. Rory McIlroy, $50 million (Golf, U.K.)
8. Stephen Curry, $47.3 million (Basketball, U.S.)
9. James Harden, $46.6 million (Basketball, U.S.)
10. Lewis Hamilton, $46 million (Racing, U.K.)
To see the full list, click below.
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Daniella Soloway
Connect CRE News
Your source for daily news covering CRE transactions and trends. Stay informed on national, regional and property sector news that matters to your business.
Whether digital or in-person, Connect Events set the stage to bring together relevant content with CRE’s most active players to engage, influence and inform.
A full-service marketing agency dedicated to CRE clients. Combining our CRE background with our team’s business, marketing, communications, technology, to develop and execute comprehensive strategies to create, build, and and grow successful brands.