November just began, and while the year isn’t even over yet, these billionaires continue to bring in the big bucks. According to a newly released UBS/PricewaterhouseCoopers report, the world’s billionaires have seen their net worth grow by more than $900 billion this past year, which, when accounted for collectively, is over $6 trillion.
Of the 14 people who have earned more than $10 billion this year alone, only one is female and there are five Americans.
Here’s how they rank:
1. Hui Ka Yan (chairman, Evergrande): Up $33.4 billion (net worth $40.8 billion, 19th in the world)
2. Jeff Bezos (founder, Amazon): Up $28.5 billion (net worth $93.8 billion, 1st in the world)
3. Mark Zuckerberg (co-founder, Facebook): Up $25.4 billion (net worth $75.4 billion, 5th in the world)
4. Bernard Arnault (chairman and CEO, LVHM): Up $19 billion (net worth $58.2 billion, 7th in the world)
5. Mukesh Ambani (CEO, Reliance): Up $17.2 billion (net worth $40 billion, 20th in the world)
6. Pony Ma (co-founder, Tencent): $14.8 billion (net worth $35.6 billion, 21st in the world)
7. Wang Wei (founder, S.F. Express): Up $14.7 billion (net worth $19.4 billion, 47th in the world)
8. Larry Ellison (founder, Oracle): Up $14.4 billion (net worth $56 billion, 8th in the world)
9. Jack Ma (founder, Alibaba): Up $12.7 billion (net worth $46 billion, 14th in the world)
10. Yang Huiyan (majority shareholder, Country Garden Holdings): Up $11.4 billion (net worth $19.5 billion, 46th in the world)
11. Larry Page (co-founder, Google): Up $11.4 billion (net worth $51.3 billion, 9th in the world)
12. Carlos Slim (chairman, América Móvil): Up $11.3 billion (net worth $61.1 billion, 6th in the world)
13. Sergey Brin (co-founder, Google): Up $10.9 billion (net worth $50.1 billion, 10th in the world)
14. Francois Pinault (founder, Kering): Up $10.8 billion (net worth $25.8 billion, 29th in the world)
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Daniella Soloway
Connect CRE News
Your source for daily news covering CRE transactions and trends. Stay informed on national, regional and property sector news that matters to your business.
Whether digital or in-person, Connect Events set the stage to bring together relevant content with CRE’s most active players to engage, influence and inform.
A full-service marketing agency dedicated to CRE clients. Combining our CRE background with our team’s business, marketing, communications, technology, to develop and execute comprehensive strategies to create, build, and and grow successful brands.