Whitehouse & Schapiro Buys $7M Baltimore Warehouse for Charitable Textile Efforts
Whitehouse & Schapiro, LLC, a company engaged in the secondhand textile recycling industry, has acquired 1201 67th Street, a single-story, 80,000-square-foot warehouse located in the Baltimore submarket of Rosedale, MD for $6.6 million.
The company works with charitable and non-profit organizations by taking excess product from their facilities, organizing it and redistributing the goods to global communities. It recently donated nearly 4,000 blankets made from recycled fibers to support the war effort in Ukraine.
Daniel Hudak, Andrew Meeder and Matthew Curran with MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate Services (the real estate brokerage arm of The MacKenzie Companies) represented the seller, Daniels Property Group and procured the buyer.
The building was constructed in 1982 and is sited on a 2.6-acre parcel of land. It is equipped with clear ceiling heights ranging from 16 to 28 feet, rear loading docks and a platform dock, a truck court and free surface parking surrounding the building. The property overlooks Pulaski Highway (US Route 40), is adjacent to Interstates 95 and 895 and is approximately five miles from the Port of Baltimore and 10 miles from BWI Airport.