Medical City Arlington Planning Major Expansion
Medical City Arlington launched a major project that will include a new patient tower, more patient beds, and other renovations. The $144 million addition will include more than 127,000 square feet of space for additional patient care beds, private surgery day rooms, an energy plant, neurosurgery and orthopedic surgery operating rooms, and a new main lobby connecting the new patient tower to Medical City Women’s Hospital Arlington. Construction on the new patient tower is set to be completed by early 2025.
It includes a three-story vertical expansion with future potential to expand to nine stories.
As part of the project, some of the specifics include:
- 60 additional patient care beds
- 8 private day surgery rooms
- 12 additional post-anesthesia (PACU) bays
- Central energy plant
- Kitchen expansion/renovation
- 2 new neurosurgery, 2 new orthopedic surgery operating rooms
- New main lobby connecting the patient tower to Medical City Women’s Hospital Arlington