Boston & New England CRE News In Your Inbox.

Sign up for Connect emails to stay informed with CRE stories that are 150 words or less.

Sub Markets

Property Sectors

Topics

Boston & New England  + Metro Boston  + Healthcare  | 

CPP Investments, Greystar JV to Develop Somerville Lab Project

A newly-formed joint venture between Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPP Investments) and Greystar Real Estate Partners LLC (Greystar) have announced the acquisition of 74M, an office and lab development project in Somerville, MASS.

The project is a 468,000 square-foot, 18-story office and lab development located in close proximity to East Cambridge, the world’s leading life science and technology cluster. The property is expected to achieve LEED Platinum and WiredScore Platinum certifications. Construction on the project is slated to begin this year and will be managed by Greystar. CPP Investments will own a 90% stake in the project and Greystar will own the remaining 10%.

“The investment management and development platform Greystar has built in the U.S. is unmatched, and the opportunities in life sciences offer another sector where we can build an in-house team of experts and help match the supply with the demand,” said Bob Faith, CEO at Greystar.  “We look forward to partnering with CPP Investments not just on our acquisition of 74M, but in other research clusters across the country where people want to live and work and where we can draw upon our local expertise.”

Connect

Inside The Story

Greystar’s Faith CPP

About David Cohen

David Cohen is Southeast Editorial Director at Connect Commercial Real Estate. David is a media veteran with more than 10 years of experience in journalism, copywriting and communications across a variety of roles. He is responsible for covering commercial real estate news and trends in the Southeast, Florida, Washington D.C. and Boston at Connect CRE as well as specializing in the Student Housing sector. Prior to joining Connect, David was the editor of Northeast Real Estate Business magazine and Student Housing Business magazine at France Media as well as spending time freelancing for ESPN and the Associated Press in the fast-paced field of live sports event production. He is also an owner and investor in multifamily real estate in Atlanta, GA. David currently resides in Atlanta and graduated from the College of Communication & Information at the University of Tennessee Knoxville.

  • ◦Development
NewPoint-08-cube
Money360-25-cube
Colliers-60-cube