City Shortlists Six LaSalle Street Adaptive Reuse Projects
The Lightfoot administration has shortened the list of LaSalle Street office projects that could win public subsidies to be turned into apartments, representing a step forward in the city’s plan to revitalize the Loop thoroughfare with residents, Crain’s Chicago Business reported.
Six projects totaling $1.1 billion in estimated costs are set to be unveiled with more detail at a March 2 community meeting, according to the city’s Department of Planning & Development (DPD). The developers behind the proposals seek tax-increment financing and other incentives to help finance the projects.
The city announced last fall that it planned to move ahead on at least three projects by the end of 2023’s first quarter. According to DPD, the projects under consideration include:
- 30 N. LaSalle St., Golub & Co. LLC/American General Life Insurance Co.
- 208 S. LaSalle St., UST Prime III Office Owner LLC.
- 135 S. LaSalle St., Riverside Investment & Development/AmTrust .
- 105 W. Adams St., Maven Development Group.
- 105 W. Adams St., The Reimagine Adams Limited Partnership.
- 111 W. Monroe St., 111 W. Monroe LLC.
Pictured: 30 N. LaSalle St.