The Port San Antonio board of directors approved construction of a full-spectrum innovation center that will significantly advance the organization’s Tech Port vision. Spanning 130,000 square feet, the project is budgeted at $60 million, which will be funded through a commercial loan.
The building’s key components under a single roof will serve multiple functions simultaneously. They include:
• A 2,500-seat technology arena that can be configured for different uses, including esports competitions, concerts, product launches and large training programs.
• Space that will serve as the new home of the San Antonio Museum of Science and Technology.
• Integrated classrooms and meeting spaces to further support educational programs, smaller industry meetings and collaboration among different partners and their clients.
• A research and development lab that will provide scalable space and prototyping / fabrication equipment to support the work of startups.
• A large 24-hour electronic gaming area and a full-scale food hall.
Paul Bubny serves as Senior Content Director for Connect Commercial Real Estate, a role to which he brings 13-plus years’ experience covering the commercial real estate industry and 30-plus years in business-to-business journalism.
Email the Author
Reach over 250,000 Commercial Real Estate Professionals with Connect
Connect CRE reaches the top commercial real estate players nationwide and across all property types, offering you a variety of ways to showcase your team, your expertise and your brand to CRE decision makers.
The home for CRE news and everything you need to stay informed on deals, trends, and transactions, providing a platform to get your brand in front of your target audience.
Daily CRE Emails
Reaching over 150,000 inboxes across the nation every day, Connect’s Daily News emails provide advertising opportunities specific to your market.
Bi-Weekly Property Sector Emails
Focus your advertising on emails dedicated to your property sector and stay visible to current and potential clients.
Position your team as experts in your field with content created by Connect’s editorial team and published on Connect’s news emails. Showcase your intelligence and broaden your reach.