NAIOP Washington State inducted John Torrance, Principal of J.R. Torrance Properties, into its Hall of Fame as part of an annual gala last Friday that also saw 17 projects earn recognition at the 2019 Night of the Stars Awards. Among the top award category winners were MainStreet Property Group, honored as Developer of the Year; Prologis’ Georgetown Crossroads (team pictured above), awarded Industrial Development of the Year; Vulcan Inc.’s Arbor Blocks, named Office Development of the Year; and Holland Partner’s Kiara, recognized as High-Rise Residential Development of the Year.
In addition to the development of T-Mobile Park (Safeco Field), Torrance has been involved in dozens of significant projects over the years, including Microsoft Headquarters, Washington Park Tower, and Insignia Towers. He also helped create and build the company now known as CBRE. He may be best known for conceiving and promoting the “StarDome” retractable roof stadium concept for the Seattle Mariners’ home baseball field.
2019 Project Award Winners:
• Judges’ Innovation Award: Regional Impact: Propeller Airports Paine Field Passenger Terminal
• Judges’ Innovation Award: Vision: 621 Woodland Square Loop SE
• People’s Choice Award: Microsoft Buildings 121 & 122
• Developer of the Year: MainStreet Property Group LLC
• Affordable Housing Development of the Year: Liberty Bank Building
• Community Impact Development of the Year: Eastside Community Center
• High-Rise Residential Development of the Year: Holland Partner’s Kiara
• Historic Renovation of the Year: McMenamins Elks Temple Renovation
• Hospitality Development of the Year: Hyatt Regency Seattle
• Industrial Development of the Year: Georgetown Crossroads
• Multifamily Residential Development of the Year: Fewer than 100 Units: Bogtown Flats
• Multifamily Residential Suburban Development of the Year: More than 100 Units: The Triangle
• Multifamily Residential Urban Development of the Year: More than 100 Units: Sitka
• Office Development of the Year: Arbor Blocks
• Office Interior of the Year: Big Fish Games Seattle Headquarters
• Redevelopment/Renovation of the Year: Microsoft Buildings 121 & 122
• Retail Development of the Year: Seaplane Commercial Building
Dennis Kaiser is Vice President of Content and Public Relations for
Connect Commercial Real Estate. Dennis is a communications
leader with more than 30 years of experience.
Email the Author
Reach over 250,000 Commercial Real Estate Professionals with Connect
Connect CRE reaches the top commercial real estate players nationwide and across all property types, offering you a variety of ways to showcase your team, your expertise and your brand to CRE decision makers.
The home for CRE news and everything you need to stay informed on deals, trends, and transactions, providing a platform to get your brand in front of your target audience.
Daily CRE Emails
Reaching over 150,000 inboxes across the nation every day, Connect’s Daily News emails provide advertising opportunities specific to your market.
Bi-Weekly Property Sector Emails
Focus your advertising on emails dedicated to your property sector and stay visible to current and potential clients.
Position your team as experts in your field with content created by Connect’s editorial team and published on Connect’s news emails. Showcase your intelligence and broaden your reach.