The American Institute of Architects (AIA) Committee on the Environment (COTE) is awarding 10 design projects with its highest honor, the COTE Top 10 Awards, for significant achievements in advancing climate action. The COTE Top 10 projects illustrate how the planet’s health issues can be solved with the right projects.
In order to be eligible, project submissions are required to demonstrate alignment with COTE's rigorous criteria which include social, economic and ecological values. The five-member jury evaluates each project submission based on the effectiveness of the holistic design solution and metrics associated with the 10 measures.
COTE has bestowed the award on 10 design projects for the past 25 years. This year's COTE Top 10 Awards recipients are:
- Arizona State University Hayden Library Reinvention, Tempe, AZ | Ayers Saint Gross
- Civitas, Memphis | archimania
- Lafayette College Rockwell Integrated Sciences Center, Easton, PA | Payette
- Market One, Des Moines | Neumann Monson Architects
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology | MIT.nano, Cambridge, MA | HGA
- Microsoft Silicon Valley Campus, Mountain View, CA | WRNS Studio
- Rainier Beach Clinic, Seattle | Mahlum Architects
- Ryerson University Daphne Cockwell Health Sciences Complex, Toronto | Perkins & Will
- The Kendeda Building for Innovative Sustainable Design, Atlanta | Lord Aeck Sargent in collaboration with The Miller Hull Partnership
- University of Washington, Life Sciences Building, Seattle | Perkins & Will
Lisa Brown has more than 30 years of experience in corporate communications and marketing management with organizations including Grubb & Ellis, Marcus & Millichap and NAIOP.
Email the Author
Reach over 250,000 Commercial Real Estate Professionals with Connect
Connect CRE reaches the top commercial real estate players nationwide and across all property types, offering you a variety of ways to showcase your team, your expertise and your brand to CRE decision makers.
The home for CRE news and everything you need to stay informed on deals, trends, and transactions, providing a platform to get your brand in front of your target audience.
Daily CRE Emails
Reaching over 150,000 inboxes across the nation every day, Connect’s Daily News emails provide advertising opportunities specific to your market.
Bi-Weekly Property Sector Emails
Focus your advertising on emails dedicated to your property sector and stay visible to current and potential clients.
Position your team as experts in your field with content created by Connect’s editorial team and published on Connect’s news emails. Showcase your intelligence and broaden your reach.