NKF’s Anne Marie Koehler, Senior Managing Director, is regarded as one of the most accomplished retail leasing professionals focused on urban retail and mixed-use developments in the greater Puget Sound area. She is part of an NKF Seattle-based team, along with sister Erika, that bring more than 30 years of combined commercial real estate experience in retail real estate and a strong record of success representing both landlords and tenants.
The Koehlers’ contributions to project assignments have been significant for their individual investor clients. And, the broader transformational impact of the retail/restaurant markets in South Lake Union, downtown Seattle CBD and several surrounding urban neighborhoods will have far-reaching impact for many years into the future.
These are just a few of the reasons we chose Koehler as one of the 2019 Women in Real Estate Award winners. Connect Media’s Women in Real Estate Awards honor the achievements and inspirational stories of women who have reached respected positions of leadership and play key mentorship roles for others.
Anne Marie Koehler has held senior positions with CBRE and, most recently, JLL in Seattle, and in June, brought to NKF more than 13 years of experience specializing in retail brokerage services. She represents both landlords and tenants and has worked on several large community and neighborhood shopping centers. Among the numerous examples are:
• Arranging the 15,000-square-foot lease for the first Starbucks Roastery in the world at 1124 Pike Street, a former car dealership building constructed in 1917 in Seattle’s vibrant Capitol Hill neighborhood.
• Leading the repositioning of assets with dynamic retail activation at the ground level of several office projects, including the Hudson Pacific Properties King Street Crossing portfolio and Talon Private Capital’s 8th and Olive.
• Successfully leasing up the ground level of new construction projects with unique retail offerings, including Madison Development’s residential project Excelsior, Pembroke’s 400 Fairview and the Brooks Running headquarters building, Stone 34.
• Leading the transformation of a former gated office/warehouse building with no prior retail or restaurant use on Lake Union into a renowned regional destination-restaurant, Westward.
• Representation of James Beard award-winning chef Renee Erikson’s restaurant Wilmot’s Ghost and bar Deep Dive at Amazon’s world-renowned Spheres project.
The Koehlers have deep roots in retail in Seattle, and are regarded among the most well-known and hardest working retail professionals in the region. As daughters of prominent real estate developer Steve Koehler, the sibling duo was raised in the commercial real estate business. Anne Marie is a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) and the Downtown Seattle Association.
Dennis Kaiser is Vice President of Content and Public Relations for
Connect Commercial Real Estate. Dennis is a communications
leader with more than 30 years of experience.
Email the Author
Reach over 250,000 Commercial Real Estate Professionals with Connect
Connect CRE reaches the top commercial real estate players nationwide and across all property types, offering you a variety of ways to showcase your team, your expertise and your brand to CRE decision makers.
The home for CRE news and everything you need to stay informed on deals, trends, and transactions, providing a platform to get your brand in front of your target audience.
Daily CRE Emails
Reaching over 150,000 inboxes across the nation every day, Connect’s Daily News emails provide advertising opportunities specific to your market.
Bi-Weekly Property Sector Emails
Focus your advertising on emails dedicated to your property sector and stay visible to current and potential clients.
Position your team as experts in your field with content created by Connect’s editorial team and published on Connect’s news emails. Showcase your intelligence and broaden your reach.