J.R. Sechrist is a partner in the Real Estate Section of Rutan & Tucker, LLP in Costa Mesa, CA, with substantial experience representing real estate developers, investors, tenants, landlords and borrowers. His practice includes all aspects of real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, development, construction, financing, leasing and joint ventures. Sechrist also has significant experience with workouts and restructurings of real estate loans.
Among Sechrist’s areas of experience across property sectors ranging from multifamily to industrial and life sciences are the following:
• Acquisition, disposition and financing of multifamily projects, retail centers, office buildings, and industrial properties
• Acquisition and development of residential real property projects
• Development and construction of multifamily projects, retail centers, and industrial properties
• Drafting and negotiating leases on behalf of both landlords and tenants for office, industrial and retail properties
• Drafting and negotiating loan documentation on behalf of borrowers in connection with real estate secured financing
• Entity formation, including joint ventures, general and limited partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations
Before joining Rutan, Sechrist held the position of Senior Corporate Counsel for Amazon.com, where he served as the lead attorney for several organizations within Amazon’s cloud computing business (AWS). His four years of experience as a corporate in-house attorney bring a pragmatic business perspective to complex legal issues confronting clients. Prior to Amazon, Sechrist practiced real estate and corporate law at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.
It’s for these reasons that we named J.R. Sechrist to our inaugural grouping of Lawyers in Real Estate. These are real estate attorneys who have distinguished themselves in both their practice and the larger community.
For comments, questions or concerns, please contact Paul Bubny
Paul Bubny serves as Senior Content Director for Connect Commercial Real Estate, a role to which he brings 13-plus years’ experience covering the commercial real estate industry and 30-plus years in business-to-business journalism.
Email the Author
Reach over 250,000 Commercial Real Estate Professionals with Connect
Connect CRE reaches the top commercial real estate players nationwide and across all property types, offering you a variety of ways to showcase your team, your expertise and your brand to CRE decision makers.
The home for CRE news and everything you need to stay informed on deals, trends, and transactions, providing a platform to get your brand in front of your target audience.
Daily CRE Emails
Reaching over 150,000 inboxes across the nation every day, Connect’s Daily News emails provide advertising opportunities specific to your market.
Bi-Weekly Property Sector Emails
Focus your advertising on emails dedicated to your property sector and stay visible to current and potential clients.
Position your team as experts in your field with content created by Connect’s editorial team and published on Connect’s news emails. Showcase your intelligence and broaden your reach.