The NHP Foundation (NHPF) has achieved Enterprise Green Communities certification for its $54.3-million renovation of the Mark Twain. The historic property at 111 W. Division St. is among the largest remaining single-room occupancy affordable housing developments on Chicago’s Near North Side.
Enterprise Green Communities is reportedly the country’s only national green building certification program designed explicitly for the affordable housing sector.
Along with meeting all mandatory program criteria, the project achieved the points required for certification by:
• Being a compact development (with three times the density of the census block in which the project is located)
• Developing in proximity to critical resources for healthy living and access to opportunity including access to public transportation
• Increasing accessibility to fresh local food
• Offering Universal Design, with 20% of the units designed to meet ICC/ANSI A117.1 Type A requirements
• Reducing energy usage with Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index Scores lower than required.
Paul Bubny serves as Senior Content Director for Connect Commercial Real Estate, a role to which he brings 13-plus years’ experience covering the commercial real estate industry and 30-plus years in business-to-business journalism.
Email the Author
Reach over 250,000 Commercial Real Estate Professionals with Connect
Connect CRE reaches the top commercial real estate players nationwide and across all property types, offering you a variety of ways to showcase your team, your expertise and your brand to CRE decision makers.
The home for CRE news and everything you need to stay informed on deals, trends, and transactions, providing a platform to get your brand in front of your target audience.
Daily CRE Emails
Reaching over 150,000 inboxes across the nation every day, Connect’s Daily News emails provide advertising opportunities specific to your market.
Bi-Weekly Property Sector Emails
Focus your advertising on emails dedicated to your property sector and stay visible to current and potential clients.
Position your team as experts in your field with content created by Connect’s editorial team and published on Connect’s news emails. Showcase your intelligence and broaden your reach.